Humanity

Yes, I know the shooting yesterday at the Holocaust Museum has nothing to do with Israel. It has to do with a crazy American White-supremacist. However, I can't stop thinking about the Guard that died protecting the lives of the people in the Museum. www.seattlepi.com/national/1110ap_us_holocaust_museum_shooting_guard.html

Of course, the scene made me stop and think more than usual because it was the Holocaust Museum. More than anything, it makes me appreciate the people out there who risk their lives to protect us no matter what race or religion. Despite the crazy racist old man hell bent on destruction, not everyone is hell bent on destruction. Many are willing to put their own lives on the line, so that we don't have to worry as much when we go out in the world.

I saw a short blurb in the Jerusalem Post two days ago http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1244371054699&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
A settler woman and her baby were trapped in an overturned car, they were rescued not by other settlers, but by Palestinians. I had to smile. Despite my pragmatic outlook on the world, their are some acts of love and kindness that crosses all boundaries. In all our theories of conflict, we tend to forget the personal stories going on in reality. Not every Palestinian wishes for the destruction of the Jews. Many are just neighbors going about their lives. They aren't going to sit there while a mother and child struggle for their lives.
I'm sure I'll be cynical again in five minutes, but despite all the evil in the world, there are still people willing to lend a hand to others, no matter who they are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resurrecting Levine

Hanging

Jealousy's Funeral