Every time I'm shown on Al Jazeera they show me at the Western Wall with a yarmulke on,"

HAARTEZ posted an article today on Obama's Monday meeting with Jewish leaders.

Obama to Jewish Leaders What are we supposed to take from this meeting? It seems a lot of the same blah blah blah…

"Stop building settlements, but don't worry I totally believe you should be a secure state."

Then he says, "he wants to help Israel overcome its demographic problem by reaching an agreement on a two-state solution, but that in order to do so, Israel would need "to engage in serious self-reflection." What is this serious self-reflection?

I think Mr. Obama needs some serious self-reflection. Although I understand why he doesn't want Israel to build more settlements…why is he really meeting with Jewish leaders? Does Israel really care if he has a good relationship with American Jews? Wouldn't Israel rather have the President of the United States and the Prime Minister of Israel on the same page? While certain unnamable sources believe he's out to destroy this country and other's believe he is our savior, I tend to believe he's a politician acting like a politician. He feels like the Jewish vote is important, so he's gathering the Jewish lobbies and Jewish religious organizations and have a sit-down, just so they know he hasn't forgotten about them.

My question is why? I realize people have this misguided idea that Jews make up a huge percentage of the population of American. What vote is going on now that he needs to be politiciany about?


 

Maybe, I'm just not getting it today.


 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging

Resurrecting Levine

Jealousy's Funeral